Buy Beginner fpv drones kit foryour freestyle and Racing
To become a skilled FPV pilot, you first need to understand the key components that will work together to build your FPV drone, ensuring you can fly safely and enjoy an unparalleled visual experience. In this course, you’ll learn about the core building blocks of a drone (multi-rotor aircraft), such as flight controllers, motors, propellers, and batteries, and how to select and configure them to suit your needs and flying style. We’ll also dive into the video delivery system and how to achieve realistic FPV images and video streaming, allowing you to achieve stunning visuals on the fly.
The antenna of an FPV drone is one of the key components for transmitting video signals from the graphical transmission to the remote control or display. Choosing the right antenna can improve the quality and stability of the video transmission.
When choosing an FPV drone antenna, several factors need to be considered.
- Bandwidth: Bandwidth refers to the range of frequencies that the antenna can transmit. The higher the bandwidth of the antenna, the better the quality and stability of the video signal that can be transmitted.
- Gain: gain refers to the signal amplification ability of the antenna. The higher the gain, the longer the distance of the video signal can be transmitted.
- Polarization mode: The polarization mode of FPV drone antenna is horizontal polarization (HP), vertical polarization (VP) and circular polarization (CP). Different polarization antennas are suitable for different environments and scenarios, so you need to choose the right antenna according to the actual situation.
- Antenna types: The types of FPV drone antennas are directional antennas and omni-directional antennas. Directional antennas can enhance the signal, but can only transmit the signal in the direction in front of the antenna. Omni-directional antennas can transmit signals in all directions, but the signal strength will be relatively weak.
- Weight and size: The weight and size of the antenna are also factors to consider when choosing an antenna. Smaller antennas can reduce the weight and air resistance of the drone, improving its performance and stability.
In summary, when choosing an antenna for FPV drones, factors such as bandwidth, gain, polarization method, antenna type, weight and size need to be considered to ensure that the antenna can provide high quality video transmission and meet the needs of the drone
1.1 What brands of antennas are available.
- TBS (Team BlackSheep)
- Menace RC
The FPV drone receiver is a device that receives and converts wireless signals into digital signals, and its role is to receive instructions from the remote control and then communicate them to the flight control. When choosing a receiver for FPV drones, the following factors need to be considered.
- Frequency band: There are several frequency bands available for the receiver of FPV drones, such as 5.8Ghz, 2.4Ghz, etc. You need to choose the right receiver band according to the camera and transmitter band of the drone.
- Receiving sensitivity: The receiving sensitivity determines the strength and clarity of the signal received by the receiver. Generally speaking, the higher the receiver’s receiving sensitivity, the better the signal can be received.
- Receiving distance: The receiving distance is the distance between the drone and the remote control. An appropriate receiver needs to be selected to ensure adequate signal reception at the desired distance.
- Power consumption: The receiver of FPV drones consumes a certain amount of power, so the power consumption of the receiver needs to be considered to ensure that it will continue to work during use.
- Features: Some high-end FPV drone receivers may have additional features, such as automatic channel search and automatic frequency adjustment. These features can improve the performance and reliability of the drone, but they can also increase the cost of the receiver.
In short, when choosing a receiver for FPV drones, you need to consider the frequency band, reception sensitivity, reception distance, power consumption, features and other factors to ensure that the receiver can provide stable, high-quality signal transmission and meet the needs of the drone.
2.1 What brands of receivers are available.
- Fat Shark
- TBS (Team BlackSheep)
The propellers of FPV drones are one of the core components of drone flight, and they convert the power generated by the motor into lift to enable the drone to fly through the air. When choosing a propeller for an FPV drone, the following factors need to be considered.
- Diameter and length: The diameter and length of the propeller are key parameters, and they directly affect the lift and thrust of the drone. In general, the larger the diameter, the more lift the drone will have, but it will also increase flight drag and power consumption. Length, on the other hand, affects the torque and responsiveness of the propeller, with longer propellers providing higher torque and slower responsiveness.
- Propeller type: There are two types of propellers, two-blade propeller and three-blade propeller. Two-blade propellers are suitable for drones that fly at high speeds and need longer endurance, while three-blade propellers are suitable for drones that need higher lift and more agility.
- Material: The material of the propeller has a great impact on its strength and stiffness. Common materials available in the market today are fiberglass and carbon fiber. Carbon fiber propellers are usually lighter and stronger, but are more expensive.
- Rotation direction: Since FPV drones require more than two propellers to work, you need to pay attention to the rotation direction of the propellers to ensure that the drone can fly smoothly. Under regular circumstances, FPV drones usually use relative rotation directions, that is, two adjacent propellers rotate in opposite directions.
In conclusion, when selecting propellers for FPV drones, factors such as diameter and length, propeller type, material and direction of rotation need to be considered to ensure that the propellers can provide sufficient lift and thrust and meet the needs of the drone.
3.1 The brands of propellers that are available
- HQ Prop
- APC Propellers
All these brands are well-known brands in the FPV drone propeller market, and their propellers have certain performance and quality assurance. Among them, Gemfan and HQ Prop are one of the most popular brands in the market, and their propellers are widely used in FPV flights. The propellers of these brands have good aerodynamic performance, durability and balance, and support a wide range of diameters, inclinations and material options. In addition, these brands of propellers are available in different models and specifications for different types of FPV drones and flight scenarios.
The map transmission system of FPV drone refers to the system that transmits the real-time video signal captured by the camera on the aircraft to the remote control or other devices. Choosing a good graphical transmission system can help pilots better grasp the flight status and environment, and improve flight efficiency and safety.
Common FPV drone VTX include.
- Digital mapping systems: Digital mapping systems transmit video data through digital signals, which provide higher picture quality and less signal interference than traditional analog mapping systems. Currently, there are some common digital mapping systems in the market, such as DJI’s HD digital mapping system and Caddx’s Nebula Pro digital mapping system.
- Analog mapping system: Analog mapping system uses analog signal to transmit video data, which has the advantages of low latency and easy debugging. Commonly used brands of analog mapping systems include TBS, Foxeer, Runcam, etc.
The following factors need to be considered when choosing a graphics system for FPV drones.
- Picture quality: The picture quality of the graphical transmission system determines the quality of the real-time video seen by the pilot, so you need to choose a graphical transmission system with high picture quality and good clarity in order to observe clearer images while flying.
- Transmission distance: Transmission distance refers to the farthest distance that a map transmission system can transmit video signals. The appropriate transmission distance needs to be selected according to the actual flight requirements.
- Anti-interference: The map transmission system may be interfered by other electromagnetic signals. It is necessary to choose a map transmission system with better anti-interference to reduce the possibility of signal interference and dropouts.
- Stability: The map transmission system needs to have stable signal transmission and good anti-interference capability to ensure that the signal will not be interrupted and affect flight safety during the flight.
In short, when choosing a map transmission system for FPV drones, you need to consider factors such as picture quality, transmission distance, anti-interference and stability, and choose a suitable map transmission system according to your actual needs.
4.1 What are the brands of the VTX
- TBS (Team BlackSheep)
All of these brands of VTX products have certain performance and quality assurance, and have a wide user base in the market. Users can choose the most suitable products for them according to their needs and budget. Among them, DJI has become the market leader with its digital map transmission products, which are widely recognized for their image clarity and stability. Caddx, Foxeer and RunCam are well-known analog map transmission brands in the market, whose products have high image quality and adaptability. TBS, on the other hand, is a brand that offers both digital and analog mapping products with excellent performance, which is favored by FPV pilots.
Often referred to as a remote control, a drone remote control is a device that controls the flight of a drone. It sends control signals from the user to the drone by communicating wirelessly with the drone to control parameters such as the drone’s flight direction, altitude, speed and attitude.
A remote control usually consists of two parts: a mainframe and a remote control. The host usually contains a built-in battery, as well as circuitry and antennas to process user input signals and send them to the drone. The remote control usually contains control elements such as control sticks and buttons that the user can use to control the flight of the drone. Many remotes are also equipped with displays that show video images of the drone and other important information.
When choosing a remote control for your FPV drone, you need to consider the following factors.
- Reliability and stability: The remote control must be able to operate reliably in a variety of environmental conditions and provide stable signal transmission.
- Ease of operation: The control elements of the remote control should be well laid out, easy to operate, and comfortable in your hand.
- Compatibility: The remote control should be compatible with the drone you are using.
- Functionality: The functions of the remote control should meet your needs, for example, if you need an autopilot function, you need to choose a remote control that is equipped with that function.
- Price: The price of the remote control is also an important factor, and you need to find a cost-effective remote control.
5.1 What brands of remote controls are available
All of these brands of remote controls have a certain popularity and user base in the market. Among them, FrSky is one of the most popular brands in the FPV drone remote control market, and its product performance and reliability are widely recognized. Futaba and Spektrum, on the other hand, are well-known remote control brands widely used in the drone and modeling fields, and their products have excellent quality and accuracy. FlySky and Radiolink are the more cost-effective brands, and their products FlySky and Radiolink are cost-effective brands whose products are suitable for entry and mid-level users. Jumper is a new brand that emerged in recent years, and its remote control products have good performance and various functions, which are loved by some FPV pilots.